Supplementary education (modules)
ENGLISH MODULES (Grade 5-8)
LET‘S DIVE INTO ENGLISH! (Grade 5)
Aims of the module:
- to develop linguistic scope and general linguistic level;
- to deepen grammatical knowledge and employ them in practical activity;
- to develop speech abilities by expressing oneself in discussions;
- to develop self-sufficiency by searching, analyzing, comparing and generalizing information in project activities.
GLOBAL ENGLISH (Grade 6)
The module is focused on:
- communication through creative, project and exploratory activities (projects “Talking about people“, “Celebrations“);
- stimulation of reflections by presenting creative, exploratory and project works (projects “Staying healthy“, “Famous people“);
- improvement of vocabulary by searching for information in English (projects “Where we live?“, “Myths and fables“);
- development of competences in learning skills – shaping of research goals, planning of activities and data collection, generalization and introduction (project “Bullying“);
- stimulation (promotion, encouragement) of activeness and creativity.
ENGLISH CONVERSATION (Grade 7-8)
Aims of the module:
- to improve speaking and communication skills;
- to improve pronunciation and intonation;
- to improve skills in monologue and dialogue speech, reasoning and grounding one’s own opinion;
- to prepare and present short reports in topical issues.
Grade 5 module
- THINK AND CALCULATE - designed for reducing of differences in achievements (results), for development of mathematical abilities, learning of non-traditional (unconventional) methods in solving of mathematical propositions and development of logical thinking.
Grade 6-8 modules:
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS - helps to link up theoretical mathematical knowledge and life phenomena, practical calculations of object proportions, reading and understanding of schedules and diagrams, etc.;
- OBSERVE, CALCULATE, EXPLORE, ANALYZE – designed for exploration of surroundings, data collection, analysis, generalization and presentation, prognostication of an approximate reply. The topics are integrated together with the other training subjects (geography, economics, life sciences, biology, ICT, etc.);
- TWISTS AND TURNS OF STATISTICS – designed for data processing, comparison and classification of mathematical objects, employment of knowledge in combinatorics, probability theory and statistics, mathematical communication, description of simple mathematical objects and proceedings by mathematical symbols in project activities;
- ECONOMY AND ENTERPRISE – development of learners’ financial literacy.